ContactCORP are looking for an experience Transport Manager to join our prestigious client. Our client are a leading independent parcel, mail and logistics services company operating throughout the UK and Ireland delivering the important things in life. Our client provides next-day or scheduled delivery services for parcels and freight, as well as comprehensive logistics solutions, including warehouse management and the operation of customer-liveried vehicles.
Transport Manager job responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the fleet compliance for the depot.
- Managing vehicle service planning in line with company policy
- Ensure all inspections, checks, tachograph calibration checks and RFL are carried out on time and in line with company policy
- Carryout driver licence checks for PAYE/Agency and sub-contractor drivers in line with company policy.
- Management of driver licence mandates and confirming monthly checks have been carried out and reported into Engineering.
- Ensuring all pre-use and end of use checks are being carried out by all drivers and the information is recorded in line with company policy.
- Complete sub-contractor reviews
- Produce relevant reporting and management information to increase efficiency, business improvement and customer satisfaction
What it takes to be a Transport Manager
- Proven experience as a Transport Manager or similar role in the logistics industry
- CPC Manager (National / International) Qualification
- Specialist in driver and vehicle legislation
- Transport compliance background/experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage a team
- Proficient in using transportation management systems and other relevant software applications
Additional Details of the Transport Manager role
- Competitive Rates of Pay
- Holidays: 25 days + bank holidays
- Pension, Life Assurance and other additional benefits
- Excellent opportunities for career progression and more!!
Apply for Transport Manager jobs in Swindon below in 30-SECONDS or call us on 01793 987091.
ContactCORP are acting as a recruitment business in regard to this transport manager job based in Kemble, Gloucestershire on behalf of our client.
By applying for jobs with ContactCORP ltd, you are consenting to being contacted via email, phone, and text message using the information you have provided. You also broadly consent to ContactCORP forwarding your application associated with this job advertisement to the appropriate client. This action will be undertaken in conjunction with you providing separate consent to do so.