ContactCORP is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our client's team as a personal assistant to the headteacher of a Swindon secondary school on a temporary basis.
All applicants will be subject to relevant checks involved in the recruitment for schools, up to and including background checks and referencing.
- Liaise with the Headteacher daily regarding events of the day and follow up resultant actions. This will include undertaking tasks with minimal supervision that require in-depth understanding of the methods, systems and processes, act as trouble shooter for referred problems.
- To manage the Headteacher’s diary, organize and schedule meetings, book courses arrange travel and book accommodation. To develop and distribute agendas and prompt actions from meetings, maintaining timely deadlines.
- To receive the Headteachers incoming communications, responding to queries and providing general information about the school as appropriate. This aspect of the role requires above average level of courtesy and effectiveness in dealing with difficult people. You will need to ask questions, seek clarification and exchange information using tact and diplomacy.
- To support the Senior Leadership with enquiries and work with their admin support staff.
- Drafting letters and correspondence including production of a high-quality newsletter, you will need high literacy skills and an eye for detail.
- Lead on the annual whole school calendar and ensure it is kept accurate throughout the course of the year.
- Lead on school electronic data storage, maintenance, retrieval, and communications with the school MIS (Arbor).
- Responsible for managing the school Census returns to the DfE.
- Ensure that all administrative data is held and processed in line with GDPR requirements and actively work with the Ascend Learning Trust Data Protection Officer.
- Maintaining the school archive system (electronic and hard copies) and annually archiving and safe disposal in line with GDPR regulations.
- Managing the school local policies, ensuring they are accurate, in date, in place and on the correct website either LMA or Trust. This will also include working with the relevant Senior Leadership and the Clerk to Governors.
- Receive visitors for the Headteacher and ensure that appropriate arrangements are in hand. To ensure refreshments and facilities are ready for internal meetings/external visitors as and when required.
- Work independently as directed by the Headteacher to take responsibility for the preparation and compiling of formal correspondence, reports, emails, mail merges, spreadsheets, data bases and presentations.
- Prepare the Headteacher for meetings, ensuring documentation information/instructions are obtained prior to any meetings.
- Draft reports/communication for the Headteacher as required.
- Oversee the website, ensuring staff are trained on the system and ensure the website is up to date.
- Assist with school marketing activities.
- Work with members of the SLT to ensure smooth and efficient planning of events with the school (parents evening, presentation evenings).
- The post holder will be required to work flexibly and carry out duties with regard to the school's policies and Code of Conduct.
- The candidate will acknowledge the need for and practice confidentiality in regard to handling sensitive data pertaining to students, staff or school related matters.
- Assist with recruitment and interview processes.
- Administer first aid to students (and employees if required) including liaising with families. Ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Provide cover on Main Reception as required.
What we're looking for:
- A high standard of written communication. Capable of minuting discussions effectively, accurately and appropriately, given the sometimes-sensitive subject matter
- Effective personal organisational and good time management skills; with the ability to meet statutory deadlines in good time
- Knowledge of school MIS
- Able to manage conflicting work pressures and organise priorities
- Fully conversant with IT and competent user of word processing, email, spreadsheet and applications
- Proven experience in office administration and management tasks
- Mathematics and English GCSE grade C and above or equivalent
- High degree of I.T. competence
- Relevant qualifications in office administration
- Knowledge of school policies and procedures
- Requirement to hold a current First Aid at Work certificate (or willing to undertake).
- £14 per hour
- Monday - Friday
- 37 hours per week + 30 minute daily unpaid break
- Temporary contract ends on December 20th
Call Olga on 07393 148614 to apply! If you get no answer, text PA to the number and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!
ContactCORP are acting as a recruitment business regarding this Administrative Assistant/PA job based in Swindon.
By applying for jobs with ContactCORP ltd, you are consenting to being contacted via email, phone, and text message using the information you have provided. You also broadly consent to ContactCORP forwarding your application associated with this job advertisement to the appropriate client. This action will be undertaken in conjunction with you providing separate consent to do so.