ContactCORP is looking for a gas engineer to join our client, a respected social housing and home care providers based in Oxfordshire. This position requires proven experience in gas engineering, home care and relevant industry knowledge.
Gas Engineer responsibilities:
- Undertaking a range of service and maintenance works, repairing or replacing items to maintain properties to a high standard, including producing gas safety certificates, in line with the role skills framework.
- To complete works in conjunction with all health and safety procedures, policies and legislation.
- To work efficiently and deliver high standards of quality.
- Working unsupervised and in occupied or unoccupied (void) properties and complying with the Code of Conduct.
- To be competent in the completion of reports, ordering materials and completing orders.
- To work in a professional and courteous manner.
- To participate in an out of hours emergency rota and attend call-outs as required.
- Undertake other duties as may reasonably be required.
- City & Guilds, NVQ level 3 or similar
- ACS including CCN1 CEN1 WAT1
- HTR1 CKR1 CPA1
- Gas Safe Registered.
- Up to date with industry regulations and requirements
- Experience with fault finding on modern condensing boilers.
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above or equivalent
- Full driving license and own transport
- Substantial experience in Gas servicing, landlord safety certification, repairs, maintenance and installation works.
- Be able to diagnose faults and rectify in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- To ensure the safe and proper use of all mechanical and non-mechanical plant and equipment under their direct control.
- Be able to set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installations materials.
- Complying with the Code of Conduct.
- Respect for, and ability to communicate with tenants and maintain good relations.
- Able to work as part of a team, flexible attitude to work and willing to work with apprentices.
- Able to work without immediate supervision, in the most economical manner.
- Ability to work at heights from ladders or scaffolding, lifting platforms and cherry pickers.
- Flexible to undertake call-outs as part of out of hours rota.
- £38,262 - £47,854
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Monday - Friday, Full-time
Apply for gas engineer jobs in the Oxfordshire below or call Ben on 07542 974008. If we don't pick up, text 'GAS' and we'll get back to you as soon we can!
ContactCORP are acting as a recruitment business in regard to this gas engineer job in Oxfordshire on behalf of our client. By applying for jobs with ContactCORP ltd, you are consenting to being contacted via email, phone, and text message using the information you have provided. You also broadly consent to ContactCORP forwarding your application associated with this job advertisement to the appropriate client. This action will be undertaken in conjunction with you providing separate consent to do so.