Job Title: Trainee Machine Operator
Salary: £6.65 -£8.91 Per hour, depending on national minimum wage for age
Hours: 40 hours per week on rotational shifts of early and late shifts
06:00 – 13:30 and 14:00 – 21:30
Our Client is going through a rapid growth plan and are seeking Trainee Machine Operators, to learn and develop within a nurturing, manufacturing environment.
This is a Trainee Machine operator position, and you will receive full on the job training, some of which will be based outside of Swindon, therefore the willingness to participate in various training events is highly desirable. Any costs relevant to your training and development are met by the employer.
Core Responsibilities in which you will receive full training:
- As a trainee machine operator, you will be calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Machine parts to specification using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
- Quality inspection by measuring, examining, and testing completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications. using precision instruments such as micrometers.
- A trainee machine operator will be trained to Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations, including selecting the appropriate tools, machine and materials.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study technical drawings and information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Willingness to carry out Trainee Machine Operators Duties
- Minimum education GCSE English and Mathematics
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of personal protection equipment)
- Ability to read schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
ContactCORP Ltd are acting as an employment agency in regard to this role.