Our client, based in East Swindon is looking to recruit an additional team member to work as a Machine Operator. Our clients are specialists in the production of long-lasting components from Cobalt and Nickel based alloys. These are predominantly used in the defence, aerospace, power generation, oil & gas, and food industries in environments where high temperatures, corrosion and abrasion can limit a product’s life.
Due to continued growth, our client is looking to add an additional Machine Operator to the shop floor team.
Working over a 4 day week, initially under supervision, the candidate will undertake the following:
- Under supervision, set up, adjust and operate a variety of machine tools which may include; numerical control, computerised numerical control, mills, drills and or other manual machines.
- Reading drawings and performing inspection procedures to verify work.
- The use of a wide range of measuring devices, procedures and machining techniques as required.
- When required, be able to perform inspection duties i.e. measuring and documenting from inspection reports and where applicable be able to use CMM machine when required
- Diligent adherence to company procedures, quality and any Non-Conformances reported.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience working on CNC Lathes.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- GCE C equivalent in Mathematics
- Ability to work on own initiative where appropriate and take instruction from the team.
- Ability to learn and develop within reasonable timescales.
Previous, demonstrable experience essential for this role.