Job Title: Data Lead
Location: Outskirts of Swindon (Temporarily remote) with flexibility going forward
Hours: Monday to Friday – Full time
Our client is a leading provider of data, trends and Intelligence with an international presence, who are going through an immense period of growth, as a result are currently recruiting for a Data lead Analysis, which is a newly created position.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the lead data analyst will line manage the Data Team (currently 3 staff), to deliver data and analytics for our clients existing products and services, looking to improve exiting processes in the team to leverage the best outcome for internal and external clients.
The role involves a high level of management and organisation skills, ensuring that the team are meeting client and project deadlines, adhering to high quality standards and ensuring consistency and accuracy, to ensure our data is meaningful to all that use it.
Our client would like you to not only have a deep understanding of the data, but be able to transcribe this into meaningful visual, written and verbal communications, giving the audience a purpose and confidence in the company’s data.
You will be the ‘go-to’ for data insights whilst also ensuring the databases are designed and developed to support new products and services.
- Line management of the Data analysts. Scheduling and project management of the team workflow (quality of work, team meetings, target setting and development).
- Planning and delivery of product and data development projects to specification and timescale.
- Reviewing with the Data Integrity Manager, Operations and Sales Director, the content and data available to enhance our clients offering.
- You will introduce data visualisation tools to enhance our data presentation.
- Ensure data is of the highest quality throughout the internal systems of the business with respect to Sales, Customer Success and Product and services.
- Supporting the internal and external facing teams with data queries to remove delays, improve processes and implement creative ways to remove data issues.
- Producing data in a client focused way, to show trends and opportunities that our
client team utilise for Conference presentations.
Essential Key Skills
- Successful line management experience, including target setting, holding appraisals and staff development.
- Enthusiastic and natural team player, with the ability to work with cross-functional virtual and diverse teams to drive a positive result.
- Competent level of skill or understanding of data analysis in a Windows server / MS SQL environment.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques.
- Expertise using visualization tools for presenting results such as Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, etc.
- Intermediate level (at least) in Microsoft Excel.
- A high level of attention to detail is expected, strong people skills, along with embracing the variety of tasks and demands of our clients. A team player who is highly motivated and dedicated to our growing business.
- Experience in building packages using SSIS / SSRS and managing databases is desired but not essential.
- Balanced days working from home and Head Office
- Annual profit share (if company-wide targets are met)
- 25 day’s holiday (plus bank holidays), and service day every 5 years
- Annual Christmas and Summer staff events
- Annual staff conference
- Free car parking with electric vehicle charging points available