Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Salary: Up to £20,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30-17.00
Our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant for their busy office based in east Swindon. The role is on a fixed term basis for 14 months to cover maternity leave, however there is a possibility that the role will become permanent.
The Accounts Assistant will be a key link between internal departments and external entities to the company.
The candidate will report to the Financial Director, working on purchase ledger operations.
- Posting in SAP all purchasing invoices, credit notes and other documents (e.g.: Bank Debit Transactions (DD, BACS, Cheques), Petty Cash, Sales Representative Expenses, etc.)
- The Accounts Assistant must ensure that correct nominal ledger codes and cost centres are applied. It is also vital that all documents are allocated to the correct supplier accounts and any discrepancies must be followed up.
- Supplier statements reconciliation. Discrepancies must be analysed and followed up.
- Ensure that all copies of invoices and credit notes have been received and provided to the relevant staff within the company.
- Seek approval of the invoices due for payment in order to prepare supplier payment runs as and when requested by the Financial Director.
- Purchase Order creation in SAP as and when requested by the Finance Director.
- Work directly with internal departments to ensure any corrective actions identified through the daily processes are completed within specific lead times.
- Maintaining accounting database in SAP (e.g.: Supplier accounts, cost centres, account
models, payment terms, etc.)
Bank Accounts Reconciliation, Treasury management, Petty cash management
- Sales Representatives expenses – Ensure claiming costs are within reason, as per the Company’s policy
- Provide information as and when required by the Finance Director. To be successful on this task it will be required to manage and maintain several Excel controlling spreadsheets
- Multitasking skills:
- Proficient in the use of SAP
- Managing multiple projects effectively;
- Prioritization and organization;
- Great focus and attention to detail;
- Adaptable to new responsibilities;
- Planning ahead.
- 21 days holidays per annum plus bank holidays
- Career Progression opportunities
- Childcare Vouchers
- Online discounts
- Inhouse incentives
ContactCORP Ltd are acting as an employment agency in regard to this role.